15.6.07

Thanks Mom, I guess . . .

So this is just a highlight of today!

Theme of today: Field Trip Day; always a blast!

Destination: Slinky's Action Zone in Altoona, Pa. Imagine a hamster maze (then elevate it and add more mesh, ropes and bridges, oh and a ball pool) and chucky cheese, then you about have the idea.

Setting: In the "lap of luxury" van with 12 kids and 2 teachers

So the kids are chatting and trying to get trucks to honk their horns. Kelly and I are in the front talking about something, trying to tune them out. One of the kids says something like "Stop your gonna break the window" then "Fine, but I ain't gonna be responsible!" TO which one of the teachers (mwah) says its " It is am not not ain't", to which the other teacher (Kelly) says "but it's ok to break the window, just say it correctly." To which we both just cracked up laughing crazily!

This habit of correcting speech is directly traced back to my mother, the speech teacher! I herd the other comment, sorta, but the ain't was a glaring problem and really needed correction (LOL)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey u, what a funny story..i love ur page it is so inviting and fun...the photo of you and the kids is so beautiful..you look so great girl...whats ur secret????
-henny

Anonymous said...

lsajhdfg;ahsdfghkfj

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura. I love this page!! Today is 6/26 and I'm catching up on all those loose ends jobs around the house, feeding birds, cleaning, e-mailing, paying bills, etc. Thought I'd try out this BLOG thing...new for me! Yikes. Hope all is going good there in MO. I'll check in again tomorrow. Are we still on for the phone call for 10:00pm on Wed. That may be too late for you and if so just call when you want.
Love you,MOM.