23.1.08

1 down millions and millions to go

I have never really been one that is squeemish, however, I have a real intolerance for mice, rats and snakes. And I understand living in Africa one is going to see them, often. However, it is one thing to "know" something, it is quite another thing when that truth meets you or is chillin in your lunch bag . So far my last few weeks here I have seen and expereinced more rodents=rats and mice than I have in the last 10 years in the states.
Today I had the very rare priviledge to bear witness to one such rats demise and I rather enjoyed it! It invovled a screaming teacher (not me), a LARGE rat, a metal cabnet (its shelter) and two grown men with sticks, Oh and me on a table (a safe view)! It was glorious rat running here to there and grown men trailing close . . . sticks flew and evenutally broke from the great force and BAM dead rat, well really bam bam bam bam. Sort of grafic maybe, but wonderful. This is the first rodent I have seen killed in anyway, it's something I am finding that is on the rare side. This was my friends visitor (Hector). My unwelcome visitor is still out there lurking, waiting again to get into my lunchbag. I call him Herbert.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww gross:)

I'm glad you are reporting some of your adventures!!! I can't wait to hear what's next:)

my blog is:

http://www.scrapalicio.us

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear you've settled and are already teaching. I can't wait to hear more stories.

Anonymous said...

Mom here. Missing you today, so thought I'd check out your blog. Fun place. I also can't wait to hear your next story!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here adventureoftoday.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Let me show you one truth. Research indicates that about 90% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.