25.8.08

love letter of trust

I love you with all that I am. I trust you when my mind is foggy, when there is a threat of danger, when my heart is a mess, when I feel as though I could lose my mind, when nothing goes my way, when all I hear is no and do better, when my best is not enough . . . in all that I will still trust you, I trust you, I trust who I have always known you to be, I trust that the plans you have for me are good and are for your glory. I trust that you know what is best for me and that I will hear you behind me saying “this is the way, walk in it”. I trust that you are not looking only at my faults. I trust that you have put me together in a way that pleases you alone, even if the whole world hates who I am. I trust that you love me and that you will never stop loving me, ever. I trust that you will speak to me in a way that I can hear; because you know I want only the things that you want no more and no less. I trust you alone with all that I am, all that I can possibly pull up from my feet and deep within the places that shake when I am afraid, I will push past the fear and the unknown and see only you and focus with all that I am on you and your glory, being seen in these eyes though they cannot smile, in these hands though they cannot touch, through this mouth though it cannot speak, through these feet though they cannot go many places, through this heart that longs to love all regardless.

My heart with in me is distressed.
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands. I spread out my hands to You; My soul longs for you like a thirsty land. Answer me speadily; My spirit fails! Do not hide your face from me, lest I be like those who go deep into the pit. Cause me to hear your lovingkindness in the morning; for in you do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You, alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Wow, you sound like you could use a hug and a friend. God will show up and give you what you need. He always does....just wait.
Love you,
mom