3.4.08

Uncut . . .

"They" (people, others) say to take all your pictures in the first 6 months of arriving in a new place, after that everything looses its zeal and becomes "normal". I had to grin to myself today as thought passed through my head. There are somethings better off not photographed, try these on for size:

I think I saw at least 4 grown men launch snot rockets today, on the street in broad daylight, in mid-step (very impressive). I often wonder how it doesn't get all over their pants or shirt. Then there is the "wall peeers" (my personal favorite, because I have to watch for them carfully, they will "drop 'em" at a moments notice), this is the practice of relieving ones-self, well basically anywhere, some can even manage without a wall. If you see a man squating you better walk on the other side of the road. This next one is very common. It's nothing to walk down the street and see men holding hands, with their fingers inter-locked. It's not as comical, but is quite stunning to your senses the first few times, coming from the west we have an immediate "other" ideas about such actions. Then there are the spitters. Again this is common practice and at times you might even wonder about their aim. They could be spitting seed shells, tobacco spit, water or well snot again, I personally have never had anything spit land on me, but others have, very unique.

Hope you got a little laugh out of this, I know I did/do.

1 comment:

Jonathan Woodard said...

My wife Quinn and I were so glad to meet you. Keep up the good work of quietly settling in. I like your blog. I mentioned you indirectly in ours.
http://www.trinitylanham.com/pwsite/serviceTimes.php